Sunday, May 22, 2016

Autum Smolenski

Today is day one of our second free weekends, and we have decided to take a trip to Portugal. Although we spent a lot of time driving today in the car (close to five hours), as a group we decided it was well worth it. Myself, Alondra, Kate, Madalyn, Suzie, Stephanie, Magaly, and Sarah took a very large van to Portugal, where we also learned is extremely hard to navigate due to the very narrow streets and entry way, but Josh managed to get us around. Once we got to Portugal we decided it was time to explore, and enjoy the beach!

Once we got to the beach, we all laid our stuff out and immediately started collecting shells and playing in the water. I tried to climb this very large rock made of shells to take pictures and apparently that was not advised, and I was told to get down. But hey, the view was still gorgeous from the ground. A few of us including myself, Josh, Daniel, Kate, and Natalie swam out to the buoys despite the tides being very high. Most of the people that got in the water today were pumbled around and washed up on the shores similar to most of the shells we collected!Ouch! 

After a long day of traveling and enjoying the beaches we decided we would go to the city center to find some dinner. We decided that we would eat at The Garden! The ambiance was so awesome, and the people were extremely nice. It was an outside restaurant where you could see the chef cooking and the bar had great music. The food was awesome, I had Portuguese carbonara. At this cute joint we encountered a very large cat that was roaming the place, and it just so happened to climb on my lap. A lot of our table weren’t having it, but I was very thrilled to play with it! 

After dinner we decided to go back to the hotel and relax. Suzie was my roommate in Portugal, but for last two weeks I have been with Alondra. Most of all hang out together so I have liked rooming with both of them, and they have become good friends of mine. When I got to Spain I said I was leaving my soul here, but I think Portugal won me over. It surpassed all my expectations of a short trip, and I can’t wait to see what other splendors I will encounter on this trip.

 
 Me and Suzie playing in the waves

Just being artsy with the shells we found

 The beautiful views we had from the beach

The view we had of the beach from the top, by our hotel. Does it get better?

No comments:

Post a Comment